As we were approaching the Christmas season I started looking up ideas for Advent calenders... needless to say I never got to making on but loved the ideas that I found on several of them. One had a take on 'The Polar Express' movie and the girls have been begging us to drive around a nearby neighborhood that completely goes all out in the lights/ decorating department. As they were getting ready for bed I hid the 'tickets' on the front porch and rang the doorbell. They came running out and found the tickets on the mat. They had no idea what it was for and after reading it to them they started squealing for the upcoming event.

We popped popcorn and warmed apple cider and loaded in the car. The 'conductor' (daddy) pretended to punch the holes in the ticket as they loaded the 'Christmas Express'. The squeals were hilarious, mostly from Darius, as he was having an absolutely wonderful time seeing all the lights. Every single house for 5 neighborhood blocks were decked out with every imaginable theme. Another fun tradition has begun. :)

Here is a link for the tickets that I printed.
http://www.confessionsofahomeschooler.com/blog/2011/12/mini-van-express-tickets.html
No comments:
Post a Comment