Saturday, June 30, 2012
Vacation Bible School
The girls have their very first Vacation Bible School this week. The theme was 'Adventures on Promise Island'. They both had an amazing time. The songs, the verses, their new little friends and they absolutely love the skits & stories. Darian's class were called the 'Seamonsters; and Devyn's was 'Paradise Island'. They weren't too sure what it was going to be about so they were a little hesitant about going the first night but the nerves quickly disappeared as they went into the sanctuary and saw all of the decoration in there. I picked them up 3 hrs. later and have never seen them so excited. They were giddy and couldn't get all their thoughts into words quick enough to tell us about what all had gone on. They practice their songs on the CD they got all day, every day and put on performances. Looking back I remember having so much fun as well at VBS and making friends that I still stay in contact with to this day. I am so happy that they were able to experience the same thing I remember. They learned about God's promises throughout the week starting with 'I am with you', 'I care about you', 'I give you what you need', 'I will save you', & 'I will answer you'. What great promises to learn about our Savior at a young age.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Post a Comment