The beginning of our projects. For some reason I am very excited about the Olympics this year. I decided for the first day we they would learn what the Olympics are and the significant symbols of the games. The torch and the rings. We colored the rings, and then with toilet paper rolls made a painting of the rings as 'artists', which is key for them that they have freedom to design it how they like without direction. They like being 'artists'. :) And then they painted papers with the colors of the Olympics for the torch. We glued 'flames' into the top and they ran around the living room for a good part of the evening chanting 'GO USA'.
I put a little bit of the paint into little dixie cups with q-tips, toss when done. So easy on the cleanup.
The finished artwork for the day.
| I decided I would make a little artwork too with the leftover paint on the toilet paper rolls. :) |
The kiddos with their crafts and Team USA outfits. Excited for the opening ceremony to start.
No comments:
Post a Comment