Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Lake Chabot

While I was up in the bay area this past weekend we got together with most of the cousins for a picnic at Lake Chabot in Castro Valley. I grew up exploring around this lake, hiking, fishing, you name it we did it. I had so much fun and it's been a great place to take all the kids and let them explore and RUN.

The kids found a hill and ran down one at a time - then I had the idea to go all together... they made it all down in 1 piece without any big spills.
I was so impressed by Devyn and how she was able to keep her little legs under her the entire run down. She has great balance and sure does love running.
Couldn't resist meeting the new puppy.
Grandpa and Devyn walking along the trail.
Devyn in her own little world talking to the ducks...
while all the other kiddos were busy talking to Coach Arias and seeing what goodies he had.
The 1st attempt at the infamous 'dad holding all the kids picture'... we only had 7 of 8 grandkids at the park but it was good practice for the building strategy for the next time we all get together.
Not so much...
Darian trying to hold Daniel on as Vincent does not looked so thrilled to be the anchor holding them up...
A replica of our family pictures growing up - mom and dad with 7 kids... how did they do it?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha vincent's face is priceless!

jess

Megan said...

Did daniel just want to make sure Dominic was going to be in the group pic or something :) So glad you guys came up!